Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mission Accomplished!!

Well today is a pretty great day for me. Today will be the first day that my family and I get to delight in the fact that our freezer is packed full with great, home cooked meals!!

My grandpa...otherwise know as P.A (who is my wonderful cooking buddy) and I spend all of Saturday shopping and cooking a months worth of meals. It was our first time doing once a month cooking (one of my bright ideas). I often think my dad thinks I'm crazy and never knows what I am getting him into but he is always a great sport and this was no exception.

My Dad and I Up North

We began at 8am on Saturday morning....we had planned a shopping trip the day before (which is highly suggested) but my little Emma was not having any part of a nap or mommy planning anything, so that planning didn't happened and the shopping didn't get done on Friday night.

At this point I was starting to get worried. Was I in over my head? But instead of freaking out I just went with it.

We finished our shopping trip (2 stores and breakfast later) at 11am. We arrived home and where started by 11:30. We cooked a total of 50 meals. At the end of the day, around 7:30pm (it took this long due to lack of organization, but it was out first time so I thought it was great!!) My wonderful husband, who had been watching our little one all day, arrived to pick me up and could not believe what we had done. We went home and then the best part happened, we got to stock the freezer with all of our hard work!!

My Freezer!!


It was the most amazing feeling in the world, not only to be able to do that all in one day but to also be able to stock my freezer (I have a standard size freezer in case you where wondering) with healthy meals for my whole family.

This is the book that we used to guide us through the process.


Let me just tell you what an amazing tool this was, we NEVER could have done it without this book.

Now I am not going to tell you that it wasn't A LOT of work and that I wasn't really tired at the end of the day but it was SO worth it to be able to find something else to do with that 1-2 hours in the afternoon that I normally spend prepping and cooking our meals!!

Today's extra time is going to be used to do some cleaning and organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment